- Thermoplastic for high load capacity and wear resistance combined with PTFE for low friction reduction, flexibility and use in unlubricated applications.
- Clearance-free installation due to high degree of flexibility enables reaching defined torque range together with press-fit.
- Very small installation space (0.5 mm wall)
- Cost efficient compared to conventional materials with porous bronze.
- Optionally high corrosion resistance with G-290 in case of stainless steel structure.
Provide a solution for dry applications with minimum installation space but requiring also high load capacity and wear resistance, like door hinges and seat mechanisms.
Despite the thin wall and the necessary flexibility for a flange bushing production and a zero-clearance assembly, the material shall provide enough rigidity to ensure a sufficient press fit of the bushing inside the housing.
GLYCO® 290 is based on a steel-expanded metal impregnated and covered with a highly loadable polymer compound based on PTFE and thermoplastic materials giving improved wear and friction properties under dry running conditions. On the back of the material the expanded metal is partially exposed.
Only 0.5 mm thick, G-290 provides a premium solution for applications where conventional rigid bushings (above 0.7 mm) are too thick and mesh-based thin bushings are too flexible to allow press-fitting and automated assembly.
Microsection GLYCO® 290
|1||PTFE with additives|
|Material type||Expanded steel|
|Composition||Expanded steel or stainless steel impregnated with PTFE with additives, covering layer (0.05 and 0.100 mm)|
|Application||Hinges for doors, hoods, trunk lids, convertible tops.|
Seat mechanisms (adjusters) and seat frame joints, belt tensioners.
Other applications with low wall thickness requirements.
|Permissible stat. specific load||250 MPa|
|Permissible dyn. specific load||120 MPa|
|Maximum sliding velocity||
2 m/s (dry running)|
2 m/s (greased)
10 m/s (oiled)
|Operating temperature||-60 to 260 °C|
|Coefficient of friction||0.04 to 0.12 (dry running)|
|Wear layer thickness (min.)||–|
|Ability to support edge loads (resulting from misalignment)||standard|
|Ability to embed dirt and foreign particles||good|
|Ability to carry alternating loads||good|
|Ability to accommodate linear movement||standard|
|Machining of sliding surface after mounting||calibration|